Donating to PUC
Donating to Pacific Unitarian Universalist Church (PUC) is Easy
PUC is a 501(c)(3) charity—all donations are fully tax deductible!
Below we list the main ways that you can donate and explain what funds you can donate to. If you’d like to make sure your donation goes to a specific fund, please include a memo (Pledge, Operating, Endowment, Split Plate, etc).
How to Donate
We appreciate ALL donations! Using an electronic transfer method (where the money goes directly into PUC’s bank account) is preferred. It saves volunteer time and increases the accuracy of transactions. Donations can be either one-time or recurring. No matter what method you choose, if you’d like to make sure your donation goes where it is intended to go please make sure to note where the donation should be directed (see “Where Does My Donation Go” below).
Zelle (Available to most large-bank customers–see list here):
Your Bank’s Bill-Pay:
Credit/Debit Card through PayPal:
Transferring Securities (Stocks, bonds, etc.):
Where Does My Donation Go?
All donations received by PUC are assumed to be for general operations (Operating Fund) unless otherwise specified as one of the below items. If you have something else in mind for your donation you need to communicate that to PUC. The easiest way is to fill out the Memo Field if one is available. If there is no memo field available, please contact [email protected] to provide your instructions, we’ll annotate it in our record system.
There are currently 4 places to send your donations:
- Operating Fund:
- This is our general fund that pays for church operations, staff salary, maintenance, ministry, operating reserves, etc.
- If you can only donate to one, this is the one to choose.
- Donations to the Operating Fund count towards your annual pledge
- Growth and Reinvestment Campaign Fund:
- This is our capital improvement fund that pays for campus improvements, deferred maintenance, and efforts to increase membership.
- This fund repaved the parking lot and will be renovating the classrooms and Audio-Visual system.
- Endowment Fund:
- This fund provides the church with a long-term investment for financial security, an annual income stream, and funds in an emergency.
- Members often leave a donation to the Endowment in their wills.
- Split Plate or Restricted:
- These funds may only be used for specific purposes
- Split Plate funds are split between the charity of the week and the Operating Fund
- Restricted Accounts are for specific purposes like the Minister’s Discretionary Fund, the Memorial Wall, etc and can only be spent on the designated item. These are very limited in nature and include:
- Camp Scholarships
- General Assembly Scholarships
- General Memorial
- Memorial Wall
- Minister’s Discretionary Account
- YRUU Funds
Automatic Recurring Donations
This is an EXCELLENT choice for the church, as it keeps our costs in administration extremely low! Its also helps ensures you don’t forget a payment and keeps you in control.
In order to set up auto payments, you need a Chase QuickPay account or a PayPal account. Chase QuickPay is free to use and payment is made from your bank account. PayPal costs the church approximately 2.5% of the total donation but does allow you to use your credit or debit card.
You can also use your bank’s Bill Pay feature and contribute to PUC directly from your bank account by setting up a one-time or periodic payment to PUC just as you make your other online banking payments.
Other Ways to Contribute
Earn $$ For PUC When You Shop
If you shop at Ralphs, Sprouts Market, Whole Foods Market, Vons, or shop online, you can earn money for PUC. Ralphs and Vons (eScrip program) send quarterly contribution checks to PUC based on member purchases.
- Ralphs – login to www.ralphs.com and, if new, “Create an Account”. Once completed, go back to this site, and click on “edit my community contribution” to link your card to Pacific Unitarian Church; or get a scan bar letter to give to the checker with your rewards card & they’ll sign you up. (Scan bar letters available Sundays on the Patio and in the PUC Office.) Click here for more details.
- Sprouts Market – $25 cards available for purchase on the Patio or in the PUC Office. 5% goes to PUC.
- Smile at Amazon – when shopping at Amazon, use smile.amazon.com instead and select PUC as your charity. A small percent of all your purchases will benefit PUC
Purchase PUC Merchandise or Make Custom Gifts at Zazzle
Donate Your Time!
Thank You For Your Financial Support